How very timely for the middle of our blogging course . . . a Google algorithm change that Social Media Today is calling “the biggest thing to happen to search in a long time”.
Wired magazine is so excited it’s misquoting Star Trek – Google Hummingbird: Where No Search Has Gone Before (or do I mean Star Wars?)
Hummingbird is a completely new search algorithm that affects 90 percent of all searches, and we’ve all been using it for a month without even noticing. That’s exactly the intention. Discrete timely, relevant delivery of the content with legacy. That’s what evergreen content provides, and Google is now prioritising search to find and display it.
“the biggest thing to happen to search in a long time”.
A brilliant Hummingbird FAQ at ever reliable searchengineland probably leaves us with as much as we need to know for now about this latest update.
Question for #MFC4322: What IS evergreen content? And how does Hummingbird continue what Panda and Penguin started?
- Google’s Hummingbird Algorithm – What’s it All About? (visual.ly)
- The World of Social Media and Hummingbird (business2community.com)
- What About the Hummingbird Algorithm? (seokitty.net)
- Don’t Be Scared Of Google’s New Hummingbird Search Algorithm (socialsolutionscollective.com)
- SEOs Adapt To Google’s Hummingbird Algorithm (seroundtable.com)