Why use Wordpress for Academic Blogging?
- It’s free – up to a very generous point.
- It’s customisable.
- It’s a social network – a great way to find and link with others in your field.
- It facilitates multiple authors and collaboration.
- It is open source – which makes it even more customisable for a very low cost (for the hosting only).
- People have built really usefully plugins and extended the wordpress platform to create whole online communities that can be used to blog together – for example you can build your own social network on BuddyPress.
- Can move swiftly and easily to a completely independent site at very low cost.
- Lots of free resources to learn WordPress.