Wordplay for blogging prompts
I thought about taking some aphorisms or simply received wisdom, to see if they apply to how you should behave online.
The one I always quote in class is “two ears, one mouth, use them in that order” which is based on a quote I can at best attribute to Epictetus (along with the majority of netizens.) Here’s a few more that I think would make good blog titles.
- A picture speaks a thousand words.
- You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.
- No time like the present.
- There’s no such thing as bad publicity.
- Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today.
- If you’ve got nothing nice to say, don’t say anything at all.
- Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought an idiot, than open your mouth and prove it.
- There are three kinds of lies: Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics.
- If you want to ride two horses at once you should join a circus.
- God gives every bird its worm… but He doesn’t throw it in the nest.
- You never get a second chance to make a first impression.
And one that I’m reminded of every time I see a “Britain First” Facebook post shared:
- What can you expect from a pig, but a grunt?
Any more suggestions? Posts links to any blogposts inspired in the comments please 🙂 Have fun.